Love Dogs is a fully insured dog walking service company and we kindly ask all our clients to adhere to the following guidelines (and to sign a Clients Consent Form before we can render any services):
1. Prior to any booking, a consultation between Love Dogs and the client (incl. the dog(s)) must take place in person and if this proves successful, the Client Consent Form must be signed by the client subject to his/ her approval.
2. During the consultation, Love Dogs must be alerted to any specific requirements of the client's dog(s) including any physical & medical conditions and/ or behavioural problems. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of any future bookings.
3. Prior to any booking, the dog(s) must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime.
4. The dog(s) will undergo a trial period in order to ensure that they are adequately trained and socialised. Love Dogs reserves the right to cancel any booking at any time with immediate effect in case the dog does not respond well to the walker and/ or other dogs.
5. The client will supply suitable collars/ harnesses and leads for the dog(s) plus any other accessories (e.g. coats) which the client wishes to be used. The dog(s) must wear an identification tag at all times. Should the dog(s) require any additional supplies whilst in the care of Love Dogs, these will be purchased and invoiced for.
6. The dog(s) will be exercised on a lead unless prior agreement has been reached between Love Dogs and the client, and a disclaimer form has been signed by the client.
7. If the dog(s) require drying off after walks, towels must be provided and left by the client's front door.
8. If it is necessary for keys to be picked up or dropped off in order to complete a service, charges will be applied for each trip.
9. For the safety of both the dog(s) and the walker, Love Dogs will apply personal judgement and cut short a walk if necessary in case of extreme weather conditions.
10. Although Love Dogs is covered by a public liability insurance, ideally the dog(s) should be insured by the client as well.
11. The client must provide Love Dogs with the name and contact number of someone capable of making a decision relating to the dog(s) in case of an emergency. If the contact is not available, Love Dogs reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then make a decision to which is in the best interest of the animal.
12. The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they have incurred, whilst the dog(s) are in the care of Love Dogs.
13. Love Dogs takes great pride in the care of any animal. We will care for your dog(s) to the best of our knowledge and abilities and whilst we will make every effort to ensure your dog is well looked after in your absence, we cannot be held responsible for any loss, accident, injury or death caused to a dog whilst in our care.
14. In terms of payment, for new clients the payment must be made in full prior to any services rendered. Once an established client, payment is to be made within 7 days of receipt of invoice, via cash, cheque or bank transfer.
15. For cancellation of a booking, a notice of at least 48 hours must be given. If the required notice is not given, the full rate for the cancelled service will be charged.